Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chicken Stock

Whenever I have company over while I am making chicken stock I hear "Wow your house smells great what are you making?" I think that making my own is much better than the salty stocks you buy. With those you don't really know what's in them. Also, I just think homemade tastes better, don't you?


1 whole onion
2 teaspoons of  garlic powder
1 ckn carcass,(from left over rotisserie chicken or a whole chicken you had for dinner) and 5 drumsticks with meat still on it.
6 stalks of celery (leaves and all)
3 whole carrots(do not bother peeling)
1 green pepper cut in half seeds and all
1 tablespoon of salt (if you like more salt be my guest)
1/4  teaspoon of ground pepper
10 stems of fresh thyme
4 stems of rosemary
10 sage leaves

Cook 3 1/2 hrs ( no need to babysit it. Just start it and walk away.)

strain and add to stock containers
I get quart containers at http://www.webstaurantstore.com/
Here are the item numbers too :)

32 oz. Newspring L5032Y DELItainer Clear Round Deli Container 24/Pack
Newspring YNL500 DELItainer Clear Round Deli Container Lid 60/Pack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home